Lots going on: end of Beck's baseball season, working on yard/house, and dealing with constant health issues has kept me from being on computer much at night.
• Surgeon doesn't want to operate on hernia. Esp. if Bruce expects to have surgery to take out kidneys.
• Still no payments on anything from Medicare. It's like playing phone tag with 6 corporations. We will figure it out this week!
• Bruce still hasn't called Lifelink, but surgeon here said if he had a LIVE donor, the surgery would be planned out and maybe done at same time. But, Bruce doesn't so more than likely he will be getting the Nephrectomy and living with no kidneys at all until a matched deceased donor kidney is available.
• Bruce has been nauseous on and off for past 2 weeks. Some days it's very bad where he actually missed work. Usually if he throws up, it will start first thing in morning and it may get better or may continue all day. Toxins could be building up which means dialysis is not doing it's job. I tried to get him to eat ginger but he wouldn't, he tried Phenigrin but he still threw up and that makes him pass out all day.
• Bruce can't be in sunshine for long or he starts itching. Really the itching has increased to be more like it was before he started dialysis.
• The nurse has made some adjustments on the machine but nothing has helped.
I think these symptoms are all pointing to toxins and the dialysis is not doing as good as it should. He seems to have regressed. We have dr. visit tomorrow where they will review all tests and see what is going on.
The other topic will be "how/when/where" should he have the kidneys taken out?
Bruce's mental health is at it's worst now. Every turn seems to bring more problems and it has built up more lately.
We had baptism for Roan last weekend which was a really happy time, he needs more of those.
2 years ago